November 7, 2011
- I’m loving Oprah’s Lifeclasses and I’m just waiting for them to announce that they will be releasing the DVD set of the Lifeclasses in time for Christmas. Even though I’m thrifty I’ve preemptively asked my sister to split the cost of the set with me. If a DVD set isn’t released this year I’ll probably cry, then question Harpo’s business sense since they’ll have missed an opportunity to make a mint. Then I’ll write a letter to O herself, telling her to puhlease hire me to help propel O’s brand into multimillionaire status.
- Brother #2 is doing amazing things! I can’t even believe it. This year has been an amazing one for him. He studied PR in college, then decided to put those college credits toward a degree, which he’s working on. He applied for a fantastic opportunity a few months ago on campus and got it. Then he applied to be a Campus Leader for Microsoft and I found out a few hours ago that he got it! They’re flying him to TO this weekend, all expenses paid, and somewhere along the way he’ll get a brand new laptop, a decent chunk of change in exchange for what is quite a hectic work schedule that’ll require a lot of organization, and also the potential to get a bursary to help with his education. What I’ve always admired about Brother #2 is his willingness to try anything: he doesn’t let a lack of experience (or anything really) hold him back from trying…great trait to have.
- Thanks to Facebook, invitations for my Christmas fete were sent out at the end of October. I have brought my Christmas-themed decorations and other items out of my storage room to take stock of what I have and what I need. I’ve put some Christmas CDs on hold at the library so I’ll have a nice assortment of festive music. I’ve sorted through my magazines for those that have Christmas-themed recipes and ideas in them. I really want to make all food items (finger foods) from scratch, so I’ll need to decide on the menu sooner rather than later.
- I went for a 40-minute walk around my neighbourhood this evening and it was good. My body really appreciated it and now I’m sleepy. I’m tempted to snack on something but it’s too late for that and I have more than exceeded my daily limits food-wise…mine and yours no doubt!
- I’m procrastinating on a work project and I know I’ll regret it. Why, oh why do I do this to myself?